My beloved F450 quadcopter used mostly for aerial filming and exploration has been serving me really well but the time has come to see what can be done to improve the stability of it, given the weight of 1750 gramms I am lifting and using the stock DJI setup.
My budget is limited to £200. I had a few suggestions so far pointing to:
- Upgrade the motors to lower KV
- Increase the prop size from 10″ to 12″ or greater
- Go from 3S power setup to 4S or even 6S
- Replace arms with longer aluminium arms to accommodate for larger prop.
- Buy used parts on eBay
- Upgrade to an F550, buying top and bottom plates, 2x arms, motors and escs.
Each of the above comes with associated costs and complexity unfortunately so I am looking for the cheapest but at the same time using quality parts upgrade.
I am open to further suggestions until I make my mind. Once I do I will try to put a new post together to share it with you.